skyLUX Smart Bulb
Important Safety Instructions
OK, now that you are the proud owner of a brand new skyLUX Smart Bulb, it’s the perfect time to carefully read the instructions. This will help you enjoy your skyLUX while keeping it on the safe side!
- Read all the instructions. All user guidelines and safety instructions must be read before the device is used and adhered to while using the device. Doing otherwise may void the warranty.
- Retain the instructions for further use.
- The device is for indoor household use only.
- Do not position the device where it would be subjected to extreme moisture, temperature, or dust.
- Do not use in bathrooms or other humid places.
- Do not overload mains wall outlets or extension cords.
- Ensure there is no power to the socket before installation or removal.
- There are no user maintainable parts. Do not attempt to disassemble or repair. Discontinue use immediately if the device becomes faulty.
- Do not place the device near heat sources or expose to direct sunlight.
- Only use the software indicated in this guide.
Step 1. App Installation and Registration
Note: Skip this step if you have already downloaded the ‘Smart Life’ app and have an existing account.
- Search for and install the ‘Smart Life’ app from App Store (iOS) or Play Store (Android).
- Tap ‘Register’ and enter your email address and the verification code
- Create your personal profile, specify the location, create rooms, and edit other personal settings. The rooms in the app do not have to be the same as in your Google Home/Alexa account.
Step 2. Pairing your skyLUX bulb
Note: skyLUX only works with 2.4GHz Wi-Fi networks. If you have a dual band router, ensure you are not trying to connect to the 5GHz network.
- Open the ‘Smart Life’ app, go to ‘Home’ and tap the + button in the top right corner or tap ‘Add Device’. Go to ‘Lighting’ and select ‘Lighting (Wi-Fi)’
- Select your Wi-Fi network and enter your password and tap ‘Next’.
- Install the skyLUX bulb into the appropriate fitting and power it on
- If the bulb starts blinking automatically, it is in the pairing mode. If the bulb is not blinking, power the bulb on and off in the following sequence: on-off-on-off-on. The bulb will start blinking and enter the pairing mode
- Tap ‘Confirm indicator rapidly blink’ button and tap ‘Next’. Wait for bulb to be paired
- Name the device and allocate to a room (optional).
Note: If you see the “Device not responding” message, ensure your Wi-Fi password has been entered correctly and retry.
Step 3. Google Home & Alexa Controls
Note: Skip this step if you already have the ‘Smart Life’ app connected to Google Home and/or Alexa.
- Open your Google Home app and tap the + button. Tap ‘Set up device’
- Tap ‘Have something already set up’ button and search for ‘Smart Life’
- Select ‘Smart Life’ (blue icon) and enter your login details if prompted.
- Tap ‘Authorise’ to grant Google access to the app and your devices.
- All devices connected to the app will automatically appear on your main Google Home screen. From here you can allocate the devices to rooms and create custom groups for easier control.
- From your Alexa home page tap the three-dash icon.
- Select ‘Skills & Games’
- Search for ‘Smart Life’ and select the ‘Smart Life’ app (blue icon)
- Tap ‘Enable to Use’ to add the skill to Alexa and sign in if prompted
- Tap ‘Authorise’ to grant Alexa access to the app and your devices
- All devices connected to the app will automatically appear on your main Alexa screen. From here you can allocate the devices to rooms and create custom groups for easier control.
Woohoo! Your new skyLUX device is ready for use. You can now control the device with your voice and through the app. Cool as!